Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 22: My resolve to continue


Control Room, originally uploaded by Chris Hoare.



It's resolution time again! Huh, just when I was easing into forgetting all the ones I made for the New Year. This should be an easy one though. I resolve to continue learning and keeping abreast of the new technologies available. Okay, that sounds worse and more complicated than I mean. I resolve to try new stuff out on the web and explore some of the sites I was introduced to with 23 Things On A Stick. That's better. I may not be able to learn one thing per day, but one thing per week is not out of the realm of possibilities. I can do it, I can do it. No; really, I need to do this. I'd hate for our library patrons (okay, the YAs) to be so far ahead of me in web knowledge again. I'm caught up to them, I won't let them leave me in the dust without a fight!

I've put The Shifted Librarian and LibrarianInBlack into my Google Reader. They join the ranks of other sites that have been added over the course of these 23 Things . My del.icio.us account has a few more sites that I found interesting. Looks like I have a few places to go to keep up to date on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 tools.

I guess I'm not finished with this blog, this may just be the beginning.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great realistic resolution and pleased to hear you arw not finished with the blog--Super. I look forward to more good reading here.

Alicia Wikstrom said...

Thanks, I'm glad you've enjoyed it. It has been kind of fun!