Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thing 25: Widgets, Gadgets, and Tools, Oh My!


it's like a zoo!, originally uploaded by jek in the box.



Lots of widgets and gadgets to peruse in this thing! Of course, I already had a pile of them on here from Round 1 of 23 Things on a Stick. The earlier additions include: a
monkey counter, a map, and the fun colors game! I moved them around a bit (you may not have seen the name the colors game, as it had been hiding at the bottom of this blog.) I didn't feel the need to add too much more, but I've got a clock added here so that you can see how much time you spend on here. I also added Site Meter, so that I can see how much time you've spent on here. You may notice the new opportunity to rate my postings, along with that came the suggestions for other readings. Those suggestions are NOT MINE! The rating system and suggestion box comes from outbrain.

There was a lot of stuff to look through on this Thing. What I added is just the tip of the iceberg of widgets and gadgets that can be added to a blog. I didn't see a need add voice-overs to mine, nor a need for me to post to my blog via email (or other devices which I don't have). I looked at Apture, but didn't see how I would use it. It looked pretty interesting, but I didn't want to spend the time digging deeper into it. As far as how much time I spent on this, probably 2-3 hours. Of course, I did squeeze in a couple rounds of Scramble on Facebook during that time too--but that counts for less than half an hour of the time I've been sitting here.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Your template makes me smile every time I see it. And your gadgets and the photo on this blog post go beautifully with your theme. Interesting that the suggested readings are related to your content.
Are you having fun yet? Your blog makes me think you are.

Alicia Wikstrom said...

I haven't looked too much at the suggested readings yet--the couple I opened up seemed interesting (but of course, I clicked on the ones that seemed most interesting.) I'm wondering how they come up with them! Perhaps they pick out some key words in each entry title and match up something that goes along with it.

I AM having fun with this!