Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thing 32: Maps-- beyond, "How do I fold this thing??"

How cool that there are so many maps out there! I had no idea that there was more than just Google Map and MapQuest. My personal favorite is Nextstop.com. I like the user recommendations for things I may miss. Too bad there wasn't anything in out-state Minnesota, but now there is, because I added a couple. I will be using this on our next trip out to NYC!

Here is my attempt to make a map from the Marble Public Library to the Calumet Public Library. It may not be completely accurate (I think the Marble Library may be a block off.) It certainly was easier to create the map in theory than it was in real life, but maybe with more practice I can do better. Is it easier than the origami-cal feats needed to fold a map back up? Perhaps. You be the judge.



View Library to library in a larger map

No comments: