Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Thing 30: This RSS feed is Delicious!

Google Reader is what I use to keep up with some of the blogs and such that I'm following. I haven't used it much since the first set of 23 Things, but now that I've added it to my iGoogle page, I'll be sure to use it more. I've got all the 23 Thingers blogs in one folder, but that's the only folder I've got. It's pretty much all book and library stuff saving using this feed. I don't feel the need to open up another RSS feed, I barely remember to use the feed I've got.

Delicious is another story. I use my account all the time! What craft to make in storyhour this week? Check delicious and see what sites I've got saved for finding out. What is the theme for the week for Toddler Time? Check delicious and see what preschool sites I've got saved. Now I've got some other crafters added to my network so that I can see the sites they use. Maybe I'll find some new and interesting things to do with the kids! (They'd be so excited to not do a painting project every other week.) I've been mainly using just 4-7 websites for the past few years, it will be interesting to see what other sites are out there without having to do a search and scrolling through a list of 1000's for a site that's actually usable. I got into the Inbox, and that looks to be promising as well. It's almost like an RSS feed for your tag words. Nice! I forsee myself using delicious even more than I already do after this Thing!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hear you on the RSS feeds..it is so hard to keep up. You obviously understand the beauty of Delicious. I use it the same way. And I share my delious bookmarks on Friendfeed in case anyone might be interested in them besides me. Isn't the social web sharing cool?