Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thing 11: My compliments to the chef!

I did learn about del.icio.us when I watched a Webinar in Thing 7, so this wasn't entirely new to me. I started an account there shortly after finishing Thing 7, just so that I would have all my bookmarks in one accessible spot once we had switched over to a new computer at work. This is a nice thing to know how use. This way I can figure out what craft we're making in storyhour no matter which computer I use! Ingenious! That is how I'll use it in my library.

I think it may help me out in ways other than just keeping a record of the sites I like though. I can search out other people who have tagged some
of the same sites and see what other sites they have bookmarked. I can just search out tags and see what comes up. Who knows what sites are out there that are favorites of hundreds and unknown to me? What a great place to keep a list of sites for those leaf, cell, and other reports the local school kids come over to research. I can see where this may come in handy in the future. Looks like I'll no longer have to remember exactly where it was that I found that great information about amoebas.


Mmmmm, delicious!
Green eggs and ham

No comments: