Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Thing 8: It's called sharing. . .



Share, share, share. So, there's my slide show. Pretty nifty if I do say so myself. I used slideroll. How did I find that website? Good question. I must have gotten there through the 50 Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story link. There were lots of good sites on there. A great thing to know how to do if your library has a website (mine doesn't.) I suppose I could personally compose a montage of pictures of the kids to send to far-flung family members, but I don't imagine I will in the near future. Guess they'll just have to check out the blog.

I did put together a database on Lazybase for our library book club. I can see where that will be a handy tool. Instead of scraps of paper all over with titles of books on them, I can enter them into the database to call up when the need arises.

I took a look at eFolio, but didn't really find a use for it for me. Too forward thinking -- I haven't caught up to the idea perhaps. A place to have your resume online, easy to update, ready to send to a perspective employee? Wow, whatever will we do with those file folders hanging in the desk drawer filled with our resumes, goals accomplished and such?

All of this stuff is relatively new to me, so I don't have any other sites that I use for sharing that I could recommend. Slideroll was pretty easy to use; it took a little tinkering to figure it out, but I managed to. I've used Big Huge Labs on previous Things, and some of those are easier to use than others. (Mosaic Maker being the most difficult of the ones I used.) I think I have had the most fun with Big Huge Labs, lots of stuff to play around with and create there.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Loved your nifty slideshow and am also enjoying all your posts.