Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 16: How do I get this report done on time?

Nice tool for those in school. Now, back in my day. . .(insert sad story where main character has to walk to school; a long grueling walk, uphill both ways.)



Hasn't technology made some things in life easier? I certainly would have used Research Project Calculator or U of M Assignment Calculator to keep on task with those big reports that I had in school. Maybe some of those C papers would have benefited from more than 3/14 days of work on them. Of course, if you start using this tool on day 11 of 14 it isn't going to help much. There is a little pre-report reading that you should really do. For kids who have trouble getting started and staying the course, this would be a good tool to help them develop strategies for getting their work done. I can think of a couple of patrons whom I would like to show this to. It seemed that both worked in the same way. With both you could sign up to get emails about the next task to complete in your work. Good reminders for those students prone to procrastination and daydreaming.

Looks like I have 21 days to finish these 23 Things. I guess I've improved my getting started and staying on task skills since school.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Hey! Nice blog! I'm glad you're done and I can have my bff back! (notice how I threw in some of that texting lingo?! The only thing is that you COMPLETELY lost me with the wiki wiki stuff! Must be a little to complicated for this simple mind to take in. Otherwise, cool stuff!

Later! Love!