Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing 7: Where do they offer texting 101??

Email, IMing, texting, all great ways of communication in type. I personally love email. I can send information to a bunch of people at one time, which is great and certainly is a time saver. I'm not a big fan of IMing. To me it's a lot easier to just pick up the phone. Maybe if I could type as fast as I read, speak, and think I would like it better; but my typing skills aren't that proficient. SMS is something else entirely. I need SMS 101: Texting as a second language. That's one Webinar I would be sure to "attend".

In our small (tiny really) library, I don't see us using IM or SMS anytime in the near future. (Hey, we don't even have our own library website--I think we would need to get that first.)

I viewed the Minitex Webinar about del.icio.us 2.0. Kind of felt like I was cheating, as I'm not to that thing yet. Ah well, I learned a little before I had to what del.icio.us is and how to use it. Now I feel like I should jump ahead to that thing before I forget, or just hurry through the next few things.

ttfn! (Guess I've learned a few SMS shortcuts.)

No comments: